Monday, September 15, 2014

Forry's Frank

The Don Post Studios Karloff Frank mask that appears on the cover of An Evening With Boris Karloff and His Friends record album also shows up in a number of other photos of Forry in various rooms of the Ackermansion(s). This particular copy of the mask is a foamed master with a beautiful finish. While I can't say for sure, it is very likely that Verne Langdon gave this copy of the mask to Forry. I asked Lee Lambert, author of the Illustrated History of Don Post Studios, who had this to say...

"I know for sure that the mask is one of the polyfoam masters. Verne produced the record and the dialog was written by FJA. My guess, based upon the act that Verne used a master instead of a production mask, is that he saw the mask as a key piece of the album cover. Given that, if he didn’t paint it himself, I imagine he certainly would have overseen its finishing very closely. Given that Verne & Forry had known each other for years and Forry’s involvement with the record, I would assume Verne gave it to him."




The following photos were gathered from Monster Bob Morris' Your Props page...






No comments:

Post a Comment