Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Early 80's Crypt Creations Catalog

These are my favorite types of posts, the ones that spawn from others. It's the same organic process I wrote about at the end of a post the other day.

After searching out some info on the Crypt classified ad from yesterday's post. A long time mask collector, and monster mask historian, was kind enough to take the time to scan this early 1980s Crypt Creations catalog to share. A big thanks go out the Maskahuna for the scans which I proudly present here...





These masks have a charm that I am absolutely mesmerized by. They remind me of my beloved Be Something Studios masks. The sculptures are decidedly different than BSS, but perhaps because of the era in which they were made, they share the early eighties style that I love so much.

Three of the mask in particular really stand out in my opinion...
Crypt Creations - Keeper of the Crypt
Crypt Creations - The Late Mr. Bates
Crypt Creations - Mad Genius
Fortunately, the Maskahuna was kind enough to also provide a few color shots...


...

No comments:

Post a Comment